Spaghetti Squash & Shrimp Stir-fry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45minutes – 1 hour
Mise En Place
- 1 Cup thin sliced Onions
- 1 Cup thin sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Lemons cut into quarter wedges, remove the veins and pluck out the seed
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 large Spaghetti Squash; cut in quarter inch slices and scoop out the seeds
- 1 pound Large shrimps; peeled & de-veined
- 2 TSP each of curry, garlic powder, lemon pepper, Mrs Dash garlic & herb seasoning, old bay seasoning, and parsley
- Light cooking oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lay a sheet of foil paper on a baking tray, cover the sheet with a light layer of cooking spray. Lay the cut squash flat on the oiled surface then spray lightly with the cooking spray. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the flesh of the squash. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour. (To test if squash is cooked, it should be tender when pierced with a fork or knife).
- Put the shrimps in a mixing bowl, Squeeze the juice from two lemon wedges over the shrimps, add all the seasoning and mix until every shrimp is coated. Let the shrimp sit for a few minutes. Once the Squash is in the oven and the shrimps seasoned, begin cooking your other ingredients.
- Heat a wok on medium-high. Melt a small scoop of butter in the wok, saute the sliced onions, once cooked scoop out of the pan and set aside; then saute the sliced green pepper, scoop out of the pan and set aside.
- Cook the shrimp in the wok, toss continuously until cooked.
- Once the squash is cooked, bring out of the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes (cool enough that you can touch it and it wont burn your fingers); use a fork to scrap & separate the flesh from the skin. The result will be stringy noodle consistency.
- Place the wok back on medium-high heat, add the remaining butter; add the peppers, onions and shrimps, toss together then add the spaghetti squash. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, squeeze in the juice from two lemon wedges and toss in the pan for about 2-3 minutes until the ingredients are mixed together..
- Serve and enjoy!!!